Pop Sixties: Shindig!, Dick Clark, Beach Party, and Photographs from the Donna Loren Archive
Pop Sixties: is the photographic retrospective of a 1960's "It Girl." Featuring narrative by Loren herself and the help of longtime Los Angeles author and archivist Domenic Priore, Donna Loren looks at her work on television's Shindig! and Dick Clark's Caravan of Stars tour (including images of The Supremes, James Brown, Jerry Lee Lewis and more), plus behind-the-scenes on the sets of Batman, The Monkees and all the American International beach movies. At a time when The Beach Boys and Beach Blanket Bingo were on top, Donna Loren was the iconic California Girl. Forward by Bobby Sherman
"Wherever and whenever I performed, my manager/dad was there to document the places and the people with whom I worked. Whether behind the scenes doing Dr Pepper commercials and events, appearances on Shindig, Batman or The Monkees, he was there to capture the moments. Rare Bird Books liked the idea of doing a 'photographic journal' using these pictures, with captions written by me. My co-author, Domenic Priore, helped me make it all happen. He has included me in several of his pop culture books, so it was natural to partner up with him. Most of the photos in this book are from my private collection with a few exceptions such as Dr Pepper calendars and concert posters. These are candid and real depictions of what my life was like in another space and time, one that so many of us cherish."
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Rare Bird Books
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1942600399
- ISBN-13: 978-1942600398
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 9 inches
- Release Date: July 11, 2017
There are 3 ways to get a Autographed Book from Donna:
1. Order directly from this webpage. By far, the easiest method.
2. Go to a book signing. Details will be updated here as dates are solidified.
3. Purchase from any other source and send the book to Donna (address here). You must must include return postage and packaging. If not available at your favorite book source, be sure to have them order it for you.
International Customers: Please order from your country's online sources or your local bookstore. If not available, please ask them to order the book.